Friday, January 29, 2010

Issue with eyes and health

I am wondering if anyone has any insight into the following based on yoga principles?

I worked on computers in graphic design for about 6 years. I was spending 8+ hours a day staring quite intensely at the computer screen due to working with graphics and fine detail. The rest of my life became quite sedentary... not much exercise.

Now my posture is not very good - forward head posture, tilted hips, curvy back. Im pretty sure also that my nervous system is wound a bit high as i have also been dealing with stress and anxiety, mostly due to the physical discomfort/symptoms and searching for a cure all. I am working on the posture with a chiropractor and looking at getting into yoga.

Specifically though i have noticed that my eyes seem to get quite tense in vision and say for instance if i am in a supermarket and walk along the isles with my vision darting from product to product i start to feel dizzy... as if my head/brain is getting overloaded with visual signals.

I have not been working in graphic design now for the last 2 years and try to limit my computer usage but still get these symptoms...

No comments:

Post a Comment